SoPost is one of the UK’s fastest growing technology companies and is thoroughly disrupting the product sampling space. Our technology is used by many of the world's leading brands to run the most powerful sampling campaigns online, with a focus on relevance, data and analytics. We work with more than 200 different brands, including the largest beauty and FMCG groups.
We are growing quickly, with increasing demand from European markets. We are looking for an outstanding first hire in Germany, to build and lead the market’s expansion on the ground, with the support of our talented teams across the US and UK.
The role of Partnerships Director reports into the Head of Commercial Operations and is primarily focused on leading the growth of new and existing brand partner relationships in the German market. This role has fantastic progression and leadership opportunities as it will be key in the set up and development of a fast-growing team and market. In order to maintain strong customer relationships across the beauty and FMCG sector, it will be based in Berlin but require extensive travel to client hubs, primarily across Dusseldorf, Munich, Frankfurt and Hamburg.
Working closely with the UK team to onboard and grow these high priority brand partners in Germany, you will also assemble a local Account Management team who will go on to manage the day-to-day brand relationships, and work alongside our team of engineers and designers in the UK to continue to evolve and localise the SoPost product and services for the German market. You will also support the Director of Marketing to design and implement a local marketing strategy and our Director of Publisher & Platform Partnerships, to develop all stakeholder relationships in-market.
In this role, you will be the primary contact for new and existing Germany-based brand partners (initially with a strong focus on beauty), while building the market strategy.
● Identify and convert new German brand partner relationships and support the Head of Commercial Operations in achieving growth objectives for the market.
● Design, document and enact a new business strategy for the German market.
● Actively prospect for new brand partners and strategic opportunities, across (but not exclusive to) the beauty, healthcare and food and beverage industries.
● Lead the new business process from development of sales pipeline, pitch presentation, and deal closure.
● Build, mentor and develop an account management and sales team, providing coaching in all areas of the sales cycle to enable individuals’ progression.
● Set and deliver on agreed sales objectives and new business targets.
● Stay up-to-date on the product roadmap and upcoming launches within SoPost, as well as the wider digital media ecosystem, in order to identify potential opportunities with new and existing brand partners.
● Coordinate with the established Account Management team in the UK to lead campaign set up and facilitate the onboarding of new brand partners, before training up in-market hires to execute campaign management.
● Develop senior level relationships at existing brand partner groups and look to extend our reach across other brands within those groups.
● Build market sales targets and accurately report on sales pipeline, including the likelihood of close on a monthly/quarterly basis.
● Quickly establish and maintain a CRM database of key contacts, primarily in the beauty and wider FMCG industry, as well as across all media agencies.
● Work with the Director of Marketing to create a marketing outreach strategy, executing account-based marketing initiatives including representing SoPost at relevant industry events.
● Support the Director of Platform & Publisher Partnerships in showcasing Communities opportunities to publishers and integrating with market-specific platforms.
An understanding of the digital landscape and understanding of the competitive marketplace in which we operate would be advantageous to your application, as would any of the below skills.
Commitment to growing your professional development and a training budget to support that commitment.
Eligibility for our flexible working arrangement, giving you the power to manage your time and place of work.
Participation in Annual Bonus Plan and SoPost pension scheme.
The hiring process may change slightly depending on a number of factors. It is generally a multi step process as indicated. If you pass one stage, you will proceed to the next. We try to give feedback to you if your application is unsuccessful but this is not always possible.
The process is designed to give you maximum insight into what it is like to work here and also for us to assess your skills as quickly as possible.
We believe that the best workplaces celebrate and promote diversity. We are committed to ensuring that SoPost is an equal opportunity employer. And we think it’s right to build a company where everybody is welcome, with an open culture that thrives on not just our similarities but also our differences.
Part of this commitment is our promise that every team member and job applicant is treated equally, regardless of protected characteristics such as race, sexuality, religion or age.
Our company values of ownership, trust, no surprises, bigger than me, and doing it right, capture the essence of this statement, but we’re now being clear that this is key to our mission.
Will you accept the challenge? Click the link below to apply, attaching an up to date version of your CV. Make sure to include a little bit about yourself and why you want to work at SoPost in your email.
If you still have questions regarding this position or anything else about working at SoPost, get in touch using the link below.